Your privacy is important to us. This means that we keep your data safe and ensure it is properly protected. This statement outlines what we do with your data and how we use it to provide you with an even better service.
We work according to the principle that everyone can control their personal data and everyone has the right not to share their data with us any longer or at all. This Privacy Statement explains what personal data we may collect from you, how we use that data, and who we may share it with. We state what we do to protect your privacy, how you can have your say, and what checks we carry out to comply with this statement.
When does this statement apply?
This Privacy Statement applies whenever you visit our websites or contact our team. By visiting our websites or contact our team, you give us permission to collect and use your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement also applies to contact details that SOC24 receives for the implementation of an agreement.
What data do we collect?
We collect your data to provide and improve our services, and to inform you about our activities, promotions, or products and services purchased by you. You provide this data directly to us through forms on our website, with your business card, in your orders, or in your e-mail correspondence with us, or we obtain the data by determining how you use our products and services, or we obtain the data from companies on mailing lists which are permitted to share your data with us, or we obtain the data through cookies on our websites.
We distinguish between different types of personal data. This allows us to provide our products and services:
- User data: this allows us to identify you or contact you, such as your name, address, phone numbers, language preference, gender, e-mail address(es), your participation in our campaigns, and your use of our websites;
- Traffic data: this technical data is required for our electronic communications to run smoothly, such as your IP address;
- Sensitive data: we do not process any sensitive data. For more information, see: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rules-business-and-organisations/legal-grounds-processing-data/sensitive-data/what-personal-data-considered-sensitive_en
Why do we collect this data?
We process personal data for a variety of reasons, but we only process data that we actually require. With your permission, we collect personal data in so far as is necessary for the following specific purposes:
- To process your requests for our products and services;
- when you visit our websites or contact our team to gather or request information about our products and services; for example, we need your address details when you sign up for our newsletter. All the data we receive about you is used to provide you with the information you request in the manner you specify;
- To offer you the best service possible. We store your data to help us to improve our customer service. We will collect data needed to ensure our products and services are correctly set up, maintained, and supported. This way, we can also contact you about the next step of our cooperation or to ask for feedback about our services. If there are any technical problems or failures on our side, we will notify you of these;
- To inform you about our products, services, and activities. We may use your data to inform you about existing and new products, services, special deals, workshops, events, webinars, training, vacancies, etc. in order to send you direct marketing or to create a profile about you so we can send you information which we think may be of interest to you. We may do this in writing, electronically, or by telephone. We use your data to send you newsletters which you subscribe to. You will only receive communications by email if you have provided your explicit consent, in so far as is required. We may also analyse your browsing and reading activity, so we can create content for our websites or newsletters that suits your needs. We do this by logging your visits to our websites and your activity there, such as the pages you visit and links you click on. This way, we can make it even easier for you to access the information you are looking for.
Who will manage your data?
Your personal data is managed by SOC24. This data may be transmitted between the entities within the INFRADATA group. Your data is only accessible to persons within Infradata who are required to have access to it as part of their duties.
We also work with external processors. This means that we temporarily share your data with third parties for specific tasks that we do not have the resources for. In such cases, we will always ensure that your data is treated confidentially and securely. We are increasingly explaining this in our contracts with our processors. For example, a processor may never use your data on their own initiative, and your data will be deleted as soon as a processor has completed their job.
We may forward your personal data to any legal successors and associated companies, such as subsidiaries and sister companies, for the same purposes as described in this Privacy Statement. For some aspects of our products and services, we work with or subcontract to third parties. Your data is only used by third parties for the same purposes as by SOC24 itself. We ensure that they, like us, treat your data confidentially and securely.
In some cases. we use anonymous aggregated data for commercial purposes or for external reporting. This data is never traced back to a particular individual.
At no time do we sell or lease your data to companies or persons that are not part of our company or our group. We treat your data as confidential.
If we transmit your personal data to a third party in any other way, then we will explicitly inform you and explain about the third party, and the purpose of the transmission and processing. Where required by law, we will ask for your explicit consent. You have the right to refuse permission at any time.
How do we keep your data secure?
We protect your personal data and privacy. Our staff are trained to deal with confidential data properly. We also have a team of specialists who are responsible for the security of our IT infrastructure. In addition, we apply a range of technical measures to protect your personal data. In the event of a data leak that results in adverse effects on your personal data, you will be informed personally under the conditions provided by law.
Accessing, amending, and deleting your data
You have the right to access your data. You can ask us whether we process personal data about you, why we process it, what types of data we process, which third parties we share your personal data with, where the processed data comes from, and which software we use if we process certain personal data automatically.
You can exercise your right of access in writing. We are required to respond to your request within 30 days. This period begins once we receive your request in writing and all of the information we need to fulfil your request.
In order to exercise your right of access and prevent any unauthorized disclosure of your personal data, we may ask you to prove your identity. We will not ask for a copy of your ID card.
You also have the right to amend or delete your personal data if it is incomplete, incorrect, inappropriate, or out of date. You can contact us by email or by post at any time. We will then amend the data as necessary within the period laid down by law. Please note that sometimes, depending on your request, we will no longer be able to offer some services. We also cannot always delete all of the data you request, for example if we need such data to implement an agreement in force or if we are required to retain data for a certain period of time. In order to keep your data up to date, we kindly ask you to notify us of any changes.
How long do we store your personal data?
We will ensure appropriate organizational and technical measures are in place to protect your personal data. We may not store your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we collect it. The retention period may differ depending on the purpose and sometimes it will be very short. After the end of the retention period, personal data is completely anonymized or deleted. We process user data for up to a maximum of ten years after the last contract or operational agreement between us; a maximum period of five years applies for traffic data.
Opting out of personalized advertising
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
You can opt out of receiving personalized ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve and following the instructions provided or by clicking here. Please note that this “opt out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt out cookie”: thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again.
This Privacy Statement was reviewed and last updated on 10/01/2019.
Infradata Group B.V.
2314 XP Leiden
Tel: +31 (0)71-7501525
Email: [email protected]